A basement can be one of the hardest parts of our house to clean. This is because basements are often the dumping ground for years of clutter and old items the family no longer uses. So, the first thing you should do is separate the things you are getting rid of from the things you are keeping if any.
Your family and friends can help you decide what to keep and get rid of, but what about disposal? This job can be difficult and time-consuming to do by yourself. So, why not save some time and headaches and hire a basement cleanout service to help take the burden off your hands?
Why Hire A Basement Cleanout Service?
You might be wondering if it’s really worth the cost to hire professional basement cleanout services. However, when you see the benefits for you and your family, it will be easy to understand. Cleaning your basement yourself can be difficult or impossible to fit into your busy schedule, but leaving a mess there can be an even heavier burden.
Here are some of the many benefits you can expect from hiring professionals to help clean your basement.
- Junk Disposal: Whenever you clean your basement, you will often find items that need to be hauled away to the dump. With professional junk removal experts, you know you can depend on them to haul away your unwanted items and clear up all that space in your home.
- Environmentally Responsible: Often times, basements are filled with old batteries, electronic devices, and other items that can pose an environmental hazard without proper disposal. A professional basement cleaning team can help separate items that need disposed of specially and ensure the items are disposed of correctly. If the items have any value, they can even help recycle them.
- No Heavy Lifting: For many, the hardest part of a basement cleanout is the heavy lifting. This requires getting a grip, carrying it up the stairs and out of the house. Instead of suffering back pain, why not hire professionals to do all the work and the heavy lifting for you? Just tell the pros what needs to go, and they will handle the rest.
- No Clutter: Once your basement is cleaned, you will love all the new space and lack of clutter.
By using professional services to clean your basement, you can save yourself a lot of time, backaches, and any number of unexpected problems. It is worth the cost to bring in experts that can help you get your basement cleaned fast and effectively.
How to Prepare for Basement Cleanout Services
By the time professional basement cleaning service personnel arrive, you want to be ready for them to work. It is likely you want to sort through the items in your basement to decide what you want to keep and get rid of. Otherwise, you may mistakenly dispose of items you want with all the junk.
This is why it is important to sort through your belongings before the cleaning professionals arrive. Oftentimes basement cleanout specialists work quick. You probably won’t have enough time to go through everything after they arrive.
A good strategy is to sort everything into piles according to category. That way, it’s easy for you and the professionals to know what to remove when they arrive. Here are some categories:
- Keep: This is where you should put anything you are using or are still planning to use. Since these things are going to stay in your home, be careful to keep these things away from disposal piles so they aren’t confused.
- Dispose: These are the items that are being junked. This is probably the largest pile and contains broken or otherwise useless items.
- Donate: Oftentimes, there are still useful items such as useful clothing, appliances, and other items that can be donated to charity.
- Sell: There may be items in your basement that you would like to make some money back on. For some items, you can always use a classifieds website. But, a great way to do this is to hold a yard sale before scheduling for basement cleaning.
After sorting out what you don’t want to be disposed of, the basement cleaning professionals can handle the rest. Just show the professionals what you don’t want, and you’re done.
Cleaning your basement is a pain, and sorting is hard enough. So, why deal with the disposal yourself. Basement cleaning professionals can deal with all the labor and figuring out how to dispose of your junk in a legally and environmentally responsible manner.
If your basement needs a good cleaning, we can help. If you would like to know more about how we can help you or to schedule an appointment, call us at 781-399-4808. You can also connect with us on Facebook to learn more.