Reduce, reuse, recycle. Sounds familiar, right? We can all do small things to help keep our corner of the world clean. Commercial waste recycling is one of those things.
What is Commercial Waste Recycling?
Commercial waste is pre-consumer waste. It’s typically more “clean and pure” than post-consumer waste. Some sources of commercial wastes are:
- Pre-consumer paper: One source of pre-consumer paper is the manufacture of paper goods. Machines are pretty efficient, but even tiny scraps can add up to a lot of waste when a large amount of paper products is being produced.
- Metal Waste: During the manufacture of metal products, machines stamp out the forms needed. Like in the manufacture of paper products, the extra scraps are usually pretty small. But the larger the production line, the more wastes adds up.
- Construction waste: This can include things like concrete, bricks, and wood.
- Packing materials: Companies typically send and receive a lot of packages. Commercial waste includes the cardboard, plastic, and wood packaging used to ship goods.
- Office waste: The typical office has a lot of paper waste. When sorted correctly it can be easily recycled.
What’s not Considered Commercial Waste?
Agricultural waste, medical waste, chemical waste, and other hazardous waste are not considered commercial waste.
How is Commercial Waste Different from Residential Waste?
Commercial waste is typically pre-consumer waste. It’s easily sorted for recycling.
Household waste, on the other hand, tends to be a little messier. It consists of so many different types of materials, making it hard to sort. It’s also expensive to sort. Sorting by machine is nearly impossible because the different types of plastic are indistinguishable. That means any non-recyclable materials cause contamination, making household recycling more difficult and more expensive.
What are the Benefits of Commercial Waste Recycling?
We all know recycling is great for the environment, but you should know it’s great for business, too. Commercial waste recycling can:
- Improve your company’s reputation. As consumers are becoming more environmentally conscious, they’re looking for businesses that are doing the same. Gain new customers and increase brand loyalty by demonstrating how dedicated you are to the environment.
- Comply with legal obligations. Depending on your industry, you may be legally obligated to recycle certain materials. Avoid fines and penalties by recycling your commercial waste.
- Reduce waste costs. Disposing of waste can get pretty expensive. The more your company sends directly to the landfill, the more costly it is for you. Recycle more, pay less.
All of these benefits are a bonus to how much your company can help the environment through commercial waste recycling.
How Can My Company Recycle Commercial Waste?
That’s easy! Boston Junk Removal will do all the heavy lifting for you. We’ve been serving the greater Boston area since 1993, and recycling commercial waste has always been a huge part of that.
We pride ourselves on recycling as much as possible at the lowest possible cost to our customers. We’ll help you keep your commercial waste separated for recycling, then we’ll take it to local facilities to assist in proper disposal.
Contact Boston Junk Removal for your commercial waste recycling needs by calling us at (781) 399-4808. Check us out on Facebook to see all the ways Boston Junk Removal can help your company.